watermelon salad with feta and mint
We love this salad for its simplicity, bright contrasts, and refreshing character. It's the ultimate warm weather side dish that is ready to steal the show at your next picnic, potluck, or barbecue.
- 3-4 Imperfect mini watermelons, chilled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Imperfect limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese (goat or sheep milk feta is best)
- Cut rind from the watermelon, then chop it into 1 inch chunks. Place the chunks in a colander to drain as your chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, fresh lime juice, salt, and black pepper to create a dressing.
- Place watermelon in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing and chopped mint over the watermelon and toss gently to coat.
- Pour the crumbled feta into the salad bowl and stir gently to integrate the cheese into the salad. Serve.
- Please note that the salt and the citrus in the dressing will pull the juices out the watermelon, so a lot of liquid will collect in the bottom of the salad bowl. This is normal, and does not affect the flavor. If you don't want a bunch of liquid on your plate, just serve the salad with a slotted spoon.