Sweet and Spicy Tomato Jam
This delicious tomato jam deserves to be showcased on its own. It’s not too sweet and not too spicy and it keeps you guessing which one you’ll taste more with each bite. It's easy to make and super versatile! Spread it on toast with avocado, put it on rice cakes with cream cheese, or enjoy it all by itself on a spoon. You can even try it on yogurt to make a savory parfait, tucked it into a sandwich, or add it to a salad. If you can't already tell, we love this burst of flavor on just about anything!
- 2 pints Imperfect cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (try heirloom tomatoes for added color and contrast)
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt
- In a large sauce sauce pan, combine the halved tomatoes, maple syrup, and lime juice over medium low heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and sea salt and stir to combine.
- Increase heat to medium high and bring to a low simmer.
- Decrease the heat to medium low, cover, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes to cook off excess liquid, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and cool before serving. Transfer the cooled jam to jars and refrigerate for up to a week.