Sweet Potato Mousse Bites
Maybe you're like us and you can't get enough of sweet potatoes: roasted with warm spices, pureed as a hearty side dish, or anything in between. Or, maybe weeks of sweet potatoes has resulted in your patience for them growing shorter than the winter days. Either way, we've got a stunning and healthy appetizer that will make you a sweet potato believer. It's the perfect finger food for your next holiday soiree. These delicious and colorful sweet potato mousse bites came to us from Celeste (@thetruespoon). Bon appetit!
- Sweet potato base
- 1 Imperfect sweet potato, washed, cut into 1/2” rounds
- Sweet potato mousse
- 1 Imperfect sweet potato, washed, peeled, quartered
- 1 Tbsp avocado mayo
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice, save juiced orange for zesting
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 watermelon radish, halved, finely sliced, and cut into wedge slices
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- A hearty pinch of sea salt
- A hearty pinch of fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place sweet potato rounds and quarters on a wax paper lined baking sheet, brush potatoes with olive oil
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Add quartered roasted sweet potatoes, avocado mayo, orange juice, and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse until smooth (about a minute)
- Top sweet potato rounds with sweet potato mousse
- Garnish and enjoy!
Try dusting your sweet potatoes with your favorite spices to really make this dish your own. Warming winter spices like cinnamon and allspice will make the sweet potatoes taste even sweeter, while earthy spices like cumin and smoked paprika can give it a new savory depth. Experiment with what you have around and find your favorites! For the record, watermelon radishes are a great garnish for other dishes too, like tacos and salads!