Super Green Bliss Balls
This easy, five-ingredient recipe is portable and packed with your favorite greens and healthy fats. Featuring kale, coconut butter, and avocado, these bliss balls are perfect to prep in advance for an easy and satisfying snack that can give you that extra boost of energy when you need it most! This recipe comes to us by way of Lauren Kirchmaier of Flora & Vino.
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (or sub coconut or almond flour)
- 1 c chopped Imperfect spinach and/or kale
- 1 Imperfect avocado
- 2/3 c coconut butter
- 1/4 c unrefined sugar
- 1/2 c hemp hearts (optional)
- To soften your coconut butter, add the entire jar to a bowl of hot water in the sink and allow it to sit for 15-30 minutes, changing the water if it gets cold. Remove from the water and check the consistency by stirring with a knife and adding back to the water if it needs more heat to soften. Smoother coconut butter is best for this recipe.
- Add coconut butter and all remaining ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine. You want to ensure all of the leafy greens are broken down and smooth in the mixture. This process may take several minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl and freeze for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, roll chilled dough into ~1.5 TBS balls. Enjoy!
Recipe Notes and Variations
We recommend making extra and keeping them in the fridge for 5-7 days or freeze for long term storage! Hemp hearts are a a fantastic source of healthy fats and make for a delicious, nutty addition to these bliss balls. Roll in 1/2 c hemp hearts to the chilled dough. You can always substitute hemp seeds, chia seeds, or flaxseeds if you like. If you don't have coconut butter, you can use coconut oil, although the texture will turn out slightly differently.