We love digging into a beautiful quiche no matter the season but spring especially calls for a warm, delicious, veggie quiche. Our friend Amelia Rampe (ameliarampe.com) shared this beautiful recipe that is sure to blow away any brunch guests. You'll even blow yourself away! We love how adaptable it is to any items from your Imperfect box. Happy cooking!
- 1 disc Pie dough recipe
- 1 large stalk spring onion, thin sliced crosswise (or 4 scallions white and greens, separated)
- 2 stalks green garlic, stalks sliced (2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped)
- Small handful of scallions, stalks finely chopped, sliced thinly crosswise into ribbons, separated (or ramps)
- ½ tsp Kosher salt, plus more
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Small handful garlic chives, very finely chopped (or regular chives)
- 6-7 thick stalks asparagus, thinly peeled with a peeler lengthwise
- Fresh ground black pepper, or red chile flakes
- Remove one dough from freezer and save other for another use (or double the quiche recipe and have two!)
- Preheat oven to 400. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface, adding more flour to board or surface of dough as needed, till dough is about 11” - 12” round. Gently transfer dough to tart pan, and press the crust into pan and up the sides. Run rolling pin over the top of tart pan to trim the dough. Place pan in freezer to firm up butter, 15 minutes.
- Remove crust from freezer and line inside of tart shell with one sheet of aluminum foil. Fill inside of foil with baking beans or pie weights. Place tart pan on a baking sheet and bake, until crust is just starting to turn light golden, 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat skillet on medium-low. Add spring onion, green garlic, scallions and a pinch of salt and cook until just barely tender, 3-5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, cheese, heavy cream, ½ tsp kosher salt until well combined. Add sauteed vegetables, scallions, garlic chives, shaved asparagus and pepper to taste, mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into cooled tart shell and spreading contents evenly. Bake until edges of tart are puffed and center of tart is just cooked, 20-25 minutes, rotating sheet halfway. A toothpick inserted into center should come out clean. Top with pepper and flakey salt. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
We love adding bacon to this recipe for a burst of saltiness and some extra protein. We also love experimenting with all the produce from our Imperfect box. This recipe is a great way to use up odds and ends, like extra onions, fennel fronds, leek tops, spinach leaves, or even peas. Try adding some of these to your next quiche for a different flavor and texture!