SOUR CREAM MASHED POTATOES WITH PAPRIKA
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, 20–25 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to still-hot pot. Add garlic, cottage cheese, 1 1/2 cups sour cream, and all but 1/4 cup scallions. Season generously with salt and pepper and mash with a potato masher until ingredients are incorporated but mixture is still coarse.
- Dollop remaining sour cream over potatoes; top with remaining scallions and several generous pinches of paprika.
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 2" pieces
- Kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 cups whole-milk cottage cheese
- 2 cups sour cream, divided
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hot smoked Spanish paprika (for serving)