Roasted Sweet Potato and Apple with Pearl Onions and Crispy Sage
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Toss sweet potatoes in a 2 Tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread out on a lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, heat a pan with 2 tsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally. After a few minutes, add the sage and mix in, continuing to cook. Remove from heat when onions are fragrant and browning and sage is crisping on the edges.
- Dump the onion mix and the chopped apples onto the pan with the sweet potatoes and spread into an even layer. Return it all to the oven to roast for 10 to 15 more minutes. Remove when the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- 4c sweet potato chunks (about 2 average-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1large apple, chopped into chunks (does not need to be peeled, but can be if you prefer!)
- 2 c halved white pearl onions
- 10 leaves of fresh sage, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper