This recipe comes to us from Hannah (@hannah.guthman), friend of Imperfect and kitchen genius who wanted to share how she turns our ugly produce into beautiful dishes in a way that follows the seasons. We love how this recipe turns the humble pumpkin into something that's both healthy and decadent and decidedly fall-tasting. Our employees fell in love at first bite and we bet that you will too once you make it!
- 2 c Imperfect organic pumpkin (cubed, steamed and cooled)
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 4 dates
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp coconut nectar
- 1-2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sea salt to taste
- Almond milk, if needed
- Toss all ingredients into a high speed blender and pulse until combined.
- Add a little almond milk if you'd like a smoother consistency, and a few pinches salt to taste.
- Top with yogurt & a twirl of tahini. If you like to sprinkle your food with spices aka Instagram confetti, now is the time.
You can easily adapt this recipe to other squashes that you have around, like acorns or butternuts. Try sweetening the mixture with a little bit of maple syrup instead of coconut nectar for an even richer flavor.