Potato Leek Tart
It's leek season and Amelia Rampe (ameliarampe.com) is helping us celebrate! This Potato Leek Tart recipe is bright, fresh, and so easy to pull together. The fresh green onions, the crispy crust and the shaved potato and leeks all come together to create a dish with great texture and flavor. Happy eating!
- 1 disc pie dough
- 3 Tbsp ghee, divided (or olive oil)
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks scallions or green garlic, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 small potatoes (your choice of variety), thinly sliced, about ⅛” thick
- ½ c cheese (your choice), grated
- Chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out 1 disc of dough on a piece of parchment until round is about 13”, place parchment on a baking sheet and chill dough while you prepare your ingredients.
- Heat 1 Tbsp ghee in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook leek and green garlic and a pinch of salt, stirring occasionally until just tender, about 5 minutes, remove from heat and cool.
- Remove baking sheet from fridge and evenly brush dough with 1 Tbsp of ghee. Lightly season surface of dough with salt and pepper. Spread cheese evenly across the dough leaving a 1” border. Take ¾ of your onion mixture and spread it over the cheese. Layer the potatoes by shingling them decoratively over the surface of the cheese.
- Brush remaining tablespoon of ghee over the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Fold edges over, overlapping. Sprinkle remaining leek mixture over top of potatoes.
- Bake until edges of galette are golden brown and leeks on surface are caramelized 30-35 minutes.
To save time, feel free to use store-bough pie dough. You can also experiment with different toppings and cheeses. Try it with mozzarella or parmesan. You can also try adding adding fresh herbs like basil or oregano at the end for an extra layer of flavor!