Potato Leek Galette
It's spring and Amelia Rampe (ameliarampe.com) is helping us celebrate! This Potato Leek Galette recipe is bright, fresh, and so easy to pull together. The fresh green onions, the crispy crust and the shaved potato and leeks all come together to create a dish with great texture and flavor. Happy spring!
- 1 disc Pie dough recipe
- 3 Tbsp ghee, divided (or olive oil)
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks green garlic, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 small red or yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced, about ⅛” thick
- ½ cup Comte cheese, grated (or your cheese of choice)
- Chives, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll out 1 disc of dough on a piece of parchment until round is about 13”, place parchment on a baking sheet and chill dough while you prepare your ingredients.
- Heat 1 Tbsp ghee in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook leek and green garlic and a pinch of salt, stirring occasionally until just tender, about 5 minutes, remove from heat and cool.
- Remove baking sheet from fridge and evenly brush dough with 1 Tbsp of ghee. Lightly season surface of dough with salt and pepper. Spread cheese evenly across the dough leaving a 1” border. Take ¾ of your onion mixture and spread it over the cheese. Layer the potatoes by shingling them decoratively over the surface of the cheese.
- Brush remaining tablespoon of ghee over the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Fold edges over, overlapping. Sprinkle remaining leek mixture over top of potatoes.
- Bake until edges of galette are golden brown and leeks on surface are caramelized 30-35 minutes.
To save some time, feel free to use store-bough pie dough. You can also experiment with different toppings and cheeses. Try it with mozzarella or parmesan. You can also try adding adding fresh herbs at the end for an extra kick of spring!