Have you seen a more beautiful breakfast bowl!? Our friend Hannah Guthman was inspired by her Imperfect blueberries to make this bowl of overnight oats - the perfect way to start your morning. With a burst of juicy flavor from the berries, a protein kick from the nut butter, and a crunch from your favorite toppings, you could eat this every day! We encourage you to get creative with the produce in your Imperfect box. How about incorporating some summer stone fruit?
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 3/4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp nut butter of your choosing
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar, brown sugar, or stevia to taste)
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- Imperfect blueberries
- Toppings of your choosing: bee pollen, sunflower seeds, kiwi, sliced strawberries, coconut flakes, granola etc.
- To a jar or small bowl, add almond milk, chia seeds, nut butter, and maple syrup and stir with to combine.
- Add oats and stir. Then, press down with a spoon to ensure all oats are immersed in almond milk.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours).
- The next day, open and enjoy as is or garnish with blueberries and your favorite toppings!
Don't worry if your nut butter doesn't incorporate perfectly. We love the swirls that it creates! Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, though best within the first 12 - 24 hours.