- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Cut broccoli into florets and pile onto baking tray.
- Drizzle with 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, scatter with garlic, salt and pepper. Use your fingers to toss, then spread out over tray in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the tips of the florets are slightly browned. The broccoli should be "tender crisp", meaning just cooked through, not overcooked and floppy.
- Remove from the oven and immediately drizzle over the lemon juice and remaining 2 tbsp olive oil. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with lemon zest and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- 2 heads of Imperfect broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese