Lemon Sugar Body Scrub
We all know lemons are delicious, but did you know that they can also be part of easy and fun homemade beauty products? This body scrub recipe comes to us from Pam Farley of Brown Thumb Mama! Pam has been widening our perspective on produce and showing us how to use our produce boxes for everything to countertop cleaner to body care so we waste as little as possible. How awesome is that?
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon peel powder (check out our blog to learn how to make lemon peel powder)
- Olive oil (enough to make a paste)
- Combine sugar, lemon peel powder, and olive oil
- Wet your body in the shower, massage a scoop of the sugar mix all over your skin, and rinse (careful, the shower will be slippery)!
- Store in a wide-mouth jar and keep a measuring spoon in the jar for easy dispensing
Add your favorite essential oils to the combination for an extra aromatic scrub. Our favorites are lavender and mint!