We love breakfast here at Imperfect. Whether it's a breakfast scramble starring last night's leftovers to a jazzed up bowl of oatmeal, we always honor the most important meal of the day by lavishing it with our favorite produce and lots of compliments. With the new year in full swing, we asked our friend Celeste (@thetruespoon) for some new breakfast inspiration. This sweet and savory smoothie bowl is both hydrating and packed with nutrients. We love that it makes use of frozen veggies, because freezing veggie odds and ends to use later is one of our favorite #NewYearNoWaste tricks!
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 of a frozen Imperfect cucumber
- 3 florets of steamed then frozen Imperfect cauliflower
- 1/2 c coconut milk (optional: fermented coconut milk)
- 1/2 c coconut water
- 2 Tbsp aloe vera juice
- 1 1/2 tsp maqui powder (optional)
- 1 tsp of your favorite sweetener (like agave syrup, stevia powder, or honey)
- Blend for about a minute or until well combined
Smoothies like this are a great time to let your leftover fruits and veggies shine. Try adding some avocado for an extra creamy smoothie or some ginger to add a refreshing edge. If you don't have aloe juice or aren't fond of the flavor you can substitute some iced green tea, kombucha, or just leave it out.