Herby Chopped Salad
This salad, from Natasha Feldman of Nosh With Tash, is a winner because you can throw anything in it that you’ve got in your fridge. The more vegetables and the more color the better. It's a great way to make the most of your Imperfect box and you can play with different textures and new ingredients. The options are endless!
- 2 small heads of lettuce (chopped)
- ¼ cup olives of your choosing (halved and pitted)
- Small tub of fresh mozzarella (quartered)
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ red onion (sliced thin and soaked in water, trust us)
- 2 Imperfect cucumbers (chopped)
- A few cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas (or fresh!)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh chopped herbs (I like parsley, chives + basil)
- Juice of ½ of a lemon
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until emulsified
- Taste, and add salt, pepper or lemon juice if needed
- Dressing always tastes better after it’s settled for a bit, so if you can make it at least 30 minutes before serving that’s ideal.
- Combine all the chopped vegetables into a large bowl (or into a few small to-go containers if you’re meal prepping)
- Sprinkle salad with salt, pepper and dried oregano flakes
- Toss with dressing just before serving
If you’re not into chickpeas, you can swap them for another protein. We love adding chopped hazelnuts or almonds for some extra crunch. This makes a great work lunch, weeknight dinner, or beautiful addition to a brunch spread!