Grilled peaches with ice cream
If you've never grilled stone fruit before, you're in for the best summer of your life. If you have, welcome back to paradise. Grilling fruit brings caramelizes the natural sugars in fruit and makes ripe peaches taste even better, something we didn't think was possible until we tried it. You can add honey or salt if you like, but honestly the peaches taste so sweet you might not need it. If you like this recipe, try grilling nectarines, plums, or pineapple. All of them are delicious grilled and make for a decadent yet healthy dessert!
- 4 ripe Imperfect peaches (nectarines work too!) Imperfect peach PSA: Since peaches are so delicate, we try to buy them slightly underripe so that they aren’t badly bruised by the time they arrive at your doorstep. Please be patient and allow them to fully ripen by leaving them on your counter for a few days--then you’re free to devour them!
- Canola oil
- 8 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- Honey and sea salt for finishing (optional)
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Brush the peach and nectarines halves with a touch of with oil and place on the grill for a few minutes and then rotate 90 degrees to continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes total grill marks appear and the fruit starts to caramelize.
- Remove from the grill with a pair of tongs and serve with a scoop of ice cream in the center of the fruit. If you like, drizzle with honey and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.