green salad with quick-pickled vegetables
We love this salad because of its bright color and flavor contrasts. It's a great for Mother's Day (and any day!) because it's easy, super healthy and adaptable to whatever veggies you have on hand. We encourage you to play around with quick-pickling your favorite root vegetables. It's a great way to make your box produce last longer and you'll be hooked in no time!
- 1 c unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- About 2 cups of thinly sliced/shaved Imperfect root veggies (ie carrots, turnips, beets)
Salad And Assembly
- ⅓ c olive oil
- 1 Tbsp juice from an Imperfect lemon
- 1 Tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 c of your favorite mixed tender greens (such as spinach, mizuna, tatsoi, arugula, dandelion greens)
- ¼ cup of your favorite herbs (such as basil, mint, or tarragon)
- Bring vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add vegetables; let sit until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
Salad and assembly
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, and vinegar in a small bowl; season vinaigrette with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired.
- Toss vinaigrette, greens, and herbs in a large bowl.
- Add pickled vegetables to salad; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.