Hailey Hosler of Heart and Honey put the Imperfect spin on the classic G&T by adding ugly cucumbers, lemons, and parsley. While the name is a bit too clunky to star in a Snoop Dogg song, this botanical drink is refreshing, delicious and pairs well with summer festivities, spicy foods and strong cheeses.
- 2 oz your favorite Gin (we love St. George Terroir)
- Tonic Water
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1/4 Imperfect cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Imperfect lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch parsley
- Add all ingredients except tonic water to a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake well
- Pour with ice into a Collins glass
- Top with tonic water
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley
To intensify the unique flavor of the gin, try serving with a few juniper berries in the glass. Gin pairs well with other herbs too, like rosemary, mint, or basil, so use what you've got around and enjoy most. You can also try garnishing with some blood orange wedges for a dramatic splash of color.