Fresh Fruit Popsicles
We know we probably don't have to give you more ways to enjoy your Imperfect fruit because they probably don't last long enough in your house for special projects anyway. In the event that you've got some summer produce hanging around your fridge though, we highly recommend making some homemade popsicles. Popsicles are easy to make, are a great project to do with your children, and are easily adaptable to whatever produce you have around. They're the ultimate healthy dessert that is sure to keep you cool and refreshed all summer long!
- 1 ripe peach, skin removed, diced (Imperfect nectarines or apricots work well too-- use what you have!)
- 1/3 c fresh or frozen blueberries (blackberries or strawberries are a delicious option)
- 3/4 c mandarin orange segments
- 1 c fruit juice of choice (Orange juice is a versatile one but but pomegranate, grape or cranberry are also great options)
- Divide orange segments, blueberries and peaches equally between 7 or 8 dixie cups or 6 standard-sized popsicle molds
- Nestle your popsicle sticks down into the bottom center of the molds and top with juice of your choice.
- Place close together in a loaf pan or other small pan and freeze until set – at least 4 hours.
- Remove dixie cup molds and consume immediately. Store leftovers in the freezer in a freezer-safe bag.