Easy Weeknight Roasted Vegetables
You may have wondered: what Imperfect employees like to cook? If you look at our lunches at work, you'll see one very strong, sweet, slightly smoky pattern: leftover roasted vegetables everywhere! Why not make roast veggies all the time? They're easy, simple, colorful, and a delicious way to make the most of our Imperfect boxes. This recipe comes to us from Nosh With Tash. Natasha embodies how we like to cook at Imperfect, using simple recipes that are delicious and easy to master, without requiring culinary gymnastics.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 bell peppers (chef’s choice of the colors), cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1 Tbp olive oil
- 1 tsp chipotle pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with tin foil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine everything and give it a good mix to coat veggies evenly.
- Distribute into both pans, leaving room between all the vegetables so they can crisp properly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the peppers begin to char and the cauliflower is fully cooked.
Recipe Notes and Variations
One of the best things about roasted vegetables is that the combinations of vegetables and spices are almost endless. If you're looking for inspiration, try one of these Imperfect-tested classics!
- Onions, fennel & carrots with fennel seeds, salt, and pepper
- Mushrooms, turnips & parsnips with rosemary, salt, and pepper
- onions, broccolini & asparagus with lemon zest, salt and red pepper flakes (this combo will take less time to cook)
- potatoes, green beans & leeks with mustard seeds (or whole grain mustard), salt and pepper