Director of brand experience
We need your help to show the world the true beauty of ugly produce. The Director of Brand Experience is a leadership role focused on effectively communicating the Imperfect story and building community around the product. This role ensures our brand messaging and strategy is constantly woven throughout our product and customer experience - from the moment the customer learns of the product to receiving their produce box and everything in between. This position is critical in ensuring a positive experience for our customers and a consistent brand messaging across everything we do.
You’re a storyteller, a designer, a dreamer, and the social glue of your own community. If that describes you, we’d love to have you on our team.
Brand Strategy and Consistency
- Develop brand strategies and resulting plans that communicate a compelling value proposition for current and prospective users in collaboration with marketing leadership.
- Create and execute highly effective integrated brand marketing campaigns contributing to our goal of being the most innovative food waste company in the world - e.g. campaigns around social impact, food waste industry milestones, getting to know our farmers, etc.
- Maintain the Imperfect style guide
- Manage creative/design consultants and give direction to their work to ensure brand consistency
- Aggregate all of the various data sources including website analytics, Outreach Team feedback, various customer survey data, mailchimp, etc. Translate these vast data into simple and practical customer profiles and summaries
- Create customer surveys to better answer what our customers want, how to improve our product offering, and understand how our customer profile changes as we grow
Content and Storytelling
- Support and manage the Social Media Manager on daily execution and management of social media to ensure consistent brand voice and style
- Set the strategy and manage execution for email marketing (including drip emails, A/B testing, and optimization)
- Create and manage Imperfect’s content marketing calendar across email, social, and the blog
- Develop content that speaks to our current customer base and effectively communicates the Imperfect mission and brand to new prospective customer segments
- Continuously interview different customers to maintain a working knowledge of our customer profiles and their needs
Referrals and Retention
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Manager to optimize the referral program over time, including gift cards, a loyalty program, and possibly a Brand Ambassadors program
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Manager to track customer churn, behavior, and cohort analysis based on subscription date and demographic information
- Develop email marketing and call campaign strategies to reengage lapsed customers
- Create a surprise and delight program for our customer base to continue to raise the bar for customer experience
- Manage Imperfect-hosted events for our customers (e.g. gleaning field trip, farm visit, warehouse parties)
Press and Partnerships
- Manage Imperfect’s inbound press requests and develop a strategy for acquiring new press and buzz
- Develop strategic partnerships to improve the customer experience within the produce box - e.g. special recipes by specific bloggers or product samples to accompany produce
- Maintain and improve upon Imperfect’s donation program to support local organizations and fundraisers within the community
- Take pride in and ownership of the offline and social interactions a customer has with Imperfect. The final buck stops with the Director of Brand Experience to make sure the experience of being an Imperfect customer is a positive and engaging one.
- As Imperfect expands, you’ll be responsible in ensuring consistency of the product coming from different warehouses and locations including design, packing, inserts, etc.
- 2-4 years experience in marketing leadership roles
- 2-4 years experience managing other full-time professionals in a fast-paced environment
- 2-4 years experience in a creative background
- 1-2 years managing social media for a company or an internal social media team
- Strong, proven design sense (able to manage graphic designers and photographers to successfully create materials with a clean, professional final touch)
- Strong copywriting and content marketing skills - you’re a natural storyteller but also a stickler for good grammar
- Knowledge of basic email marketing principles and best practices
- Knack for integrating messaging and brand into small touch points and product pieces
- Highly organized and impeccable attention to detail
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate a team to achieve sustained high performance and morale
- Very comfortable tracking metrics to assess the effectiveness of campaigns and overall customer happiness
- Ability to set, own and meet customer retention goals
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Energetic and excited about Imperfect and our mission
- Ability to work well in a team-focused environment
Details of position
This position reports directly to the CMO. It is a full-time, best-efforts basis. Looking to fill position as soon as possible. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Position is based out of Emeryville warehouse/office.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- 2-4 sentences describing the Imperfect brand
- 2-4 sentences on why you’re best candidate for this role