Coconut Cherry Ice Cream
Photo and recipe by My Tiny Laguna Kitchen!
It's cherry season and we couldn't be more excited. This Coconut Cherry Ice Cream is the perfect summertime ice cream recipe, plus it's filled with healthy probiotics!
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1 packet of kefir starter, optional
- 1 c cherries
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp your choice of sweetener, like honey or maple syrup
- Warm 2 cans of coconut milk to 90 degrees in a saucepan
- Add pitted cherries to the blender
- Pour warmed coconut milk into the blender
- Add kefir starter culture packet (optional)
- Blend until fully smooth
- Put in a jar with a lid to sit for 8-10 hours to ferment (71-81 degrees is ideal)
- When fermented, whisk in your sweetener of your choice
- Add back into the blend and stream in warmed coconut oil (this will help prevent separation)
- Pour the mix into your ice cream maker and let it work its magic
- Enjoy your creamy ice cream!
Try this recipe with your favorite fruit! We chose to use cherries but any berry will taste delicious.