Citrus Fennel Parfait
Fennel for breakfast!? Well, it's certainly healthier than cookies. We can always count on Sara Forte of the Sprouted Kitchen to be an endless source of recipe inspiration and her simple parfait recipe has quickly been added to our breakfast rotation, particularly with fennel and citrus season in full swing. Look no further for a delicious, tangy, creative way to cook with your Imperfect box this week!
- 2 c yogurt of your choosing
- 1 blood orange
- 1 Imperfect navel orange
- 1/2 c Imperfect fennel, shaved
- 1 handful of microgreens
- 1 handful of pistachios, toasted
- Olive oil, a drizzle
- Flaky sea salt and pepper
- Slice fennel thinly with a sharp knife or mandoline
- Peel the naval orange and blood orange, slice into medallions
- Spread pistachios in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake at 325F until they are light brown and fragrant, about 5-10 minutes
- Top a bowl of coconut yogurt with fennel, oranges, a handful of microgreens and toasted pistachios, a drizzle of olive oil, and salt and pepper to finish. Voila!
Composed salads like this fennel parfait are great ways to get creative with your Imperfect leftovers. Try adding wedges of roasted Imperfect beets, strips of roasted bell peppers, or that half an avocado you've got lying around. If you've got some cool spices in your pantry, bring them out to garnish! A little bit of za'atar, dukkah, fennel seed, or dried oregano would take a dish like this to amazing new heights!