Chocolate Almond Butter Avocado Protein Pancakes
Chocolate and avocado: can you think of a better breakfast combination? Our friend Lauren Kirchmaier of Flora&Vino created this delicious pancake recipe that's packed with protein and nutrients. With creamy avocado, chunks of chocolate, and swirls of almond butter, these pancakes have us waiting (im)patiently for the weekend!
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed + 3 TBS water
- ½ banana
- ¼ avocado
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao power
- For serving: cacao nibs, diced avocado, maple syrup
- Warm a skillet over medium heat with a little bit of avocado oil.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1 Tbsp flaxseed + 3 Tbsp water and let sit for a few minutes to create your "flax egg."
- Next, add banana, avocado, almond milk, protein powder, and cacao powder and blend until well combined. Alternatively, you can mix by hand.
- Spoon mixture onto the skillet and spread with a spatula so it forms several pancake circles.
- Heat for 5 minutes, or until golden brown underneath, then flip and heat for 3-5 on the other side. Transfer pancakes to a plate and top with more cacao nibs, more diced avocado, and maple syrup.
Experiment with different toppings for some added texture! We recommend chopped nuts or dried coconut.