Cauliflower, Potato, and Pea Curry
- In a large deep frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, and red-pepper flakes and stir. Add the cauliflower and potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup of the cilantro, the water, and the salt. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, and cook, covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in the peas and the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and cook, covered, until the peas are tender, about 2 minutes longer.
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes
- 1 Imperfect cauliflower (about 1 pound), cut into large florets
- 1 1/2 pounds Imperfect potatoes (about 4), peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes in thick puree
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen petite peas