We love beets, but sometimes we order too many, or just run out of ways to use them all. So when our friend Celeste (@thetruespoon) shared her festive recipe for a beet smoothie bowl, we couldn't wait to share it with you. Next time you roast up a tray of delicious beets, we encourage you to stick a few cups in the freezer so you can try this energizing and protein-packed breakfast!
- Smoothie bowl
- 1 cup roasted then frozen Imperfect beets
- 1/2 cup raw then frozen Imperfect zucchini
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup white chia seeds
- 1 dropper liquid stevia (optional)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon (not as optional- cinnamon is delicious!)
- A pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons probiotic CocoYo (or your favorite yogurt)
- A small handful of toasted coconut shavings
- 2 teaspoons of pomegranate seeds
- Add all smoothie bowl ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth (it will be thick)
- Top with all of the toppings & enjoy!
- Freezing your excess Imperfect vegetables is a great way to make healthy but fragile veggies like kale last longer. Once you've got frozen veggies around, you'll find yourself combining them with whatever fruits you have around the house in creative ways week after week. If you want a creamier, more filling smoothie, try adding some nut butter!