Asian Pear Salad with Cashew Tahini Yogurt Dressing
Hannah Guthman (@hannah.guthman), Imperfect friend and kitchen guru, was inspired by the asian pears in her box recently. To balance all the delicious winter stews and pot roasts, we recommend adding this bright, light, and beautiful salad to your rotation.
- Salad Base
- Mixture of baby kale and red & green chard
- Micro kale
- Imperfect asian pears
- Rainbow carrots
- Black sesame seeds
- Cashew Tahini Yogurt Dressing
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain cashew yogurt
- 1 T tahini
- 1 T champagne vinegar
- 1 T coconut nectar (more if needed)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon, plus zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine kale, green chard, asian pears, and carrots
- Toss with dressing
- Top with sumac and black sesame seeds. Enjoy!
When making this dressing, you can easily adapt it to whatever vinegars (i.e. rice, cider etc.) and sweeteners (i.e. maple syrup, agave, honey etc.) you have on hand. Be sure to make some extra cashew tahini dressing! You'll find yourself wanting to dress other salads and vegetable dishes with it all winter long.